Thursday, June 22, 2006

Really outdated offline blog - Thailand trip

Date : 3rd June 2006
Time : 10.26PM
Listening to : He’s everything you want (Vertical Horizon)

Phew…ok…finally get to write down about things that happened….. Thailand trip was really an experience… Went to this pub named West Side Saloon… Hmmm… There was this great band there… Really love the way they played… Hehe… Well, on the way back that time, my sis got this terrible horrible stomach ache… Haih…so kelian I see her like that. I really do know how that feels cause I experienced that before. Ok…. I will write a lil on my Thai trip…

I went to Hatyai. I was really excited since it was my first time out of Malaysia… Macam Kambing masuk kandang lembu liddat. Hehe…. The hotel I stayed was something Season Hotel.. Really can’t remember… We reached there around 9AM (Malaysia time) which was 8 AM in Thailand. Sat a Tuk-tuk to the hotel. Went to eat breakfast in this dim sum shop. Hehe.. Rather different from Malaysia. Anyway… I was really quite surprised ler. I’ll tell you why later. Neway, we went to this morning market after that. Hmmm.. didn’t quite like it but I flashed smiles like nobody business when I got into a massive jam… of course, the polite kind of smile… not that smile…. Aaaah…whatever… People there speak hokkien one ler…I guess for tourism purpose la…. We walked back to the hotel area to put down my big white bag…aiyooo…really cannot tahan.. Then we walked around lor… My dad and Uncle Benny decided to go back to the hotel to sleep. Well, we girls, namely my mom, sis, aunty Nancy and me walkd around shopping. Found some really nice shirts… well, I won’t resort to using that word “cute” cos’ I really don’t want anything cute on me but then again, I find these few Sesame Street characters shirt which were really…ahem… adorable. I saw Elmo from outside and started going crazy. Well, I know…Melaka some time ago had a shirt like that but I did not “live” to see it… Haih…we then cabut-ed back to the hotel.. I longed for a massage but I really cannot tahan ppl touch me.. I scared I laugh until ppl cannot tahan me..haha… but I ended going for a leg massage… The girl that massaged me was a really nice girl la… I was watching this thai show on tv while she massaged my leg… The show was really funny and I laughed.. she thought I felt ticklish…well, no… although there were times when I really feel geli and stuff like that but I came out victorious! It was a really nice feeling after that… Went back to the hotel room to take a bath and “pang sai”… Kakaka… Well, the massage triggered it… well, I thought… Since my sister and mom were sound asleep and I dowan to disturb my sis by climbing up the bed, I took the book “God’s Smuggler” by Brother Andrew down to the lobby to read. One thing I like about the lobby was that it was covered with glass wall… and I can see everything outside… The Tuk-tuk…the ppl who passed by and stuff like that… I guess not many knew that I really love Thai language although I am really clueless about the language.. I only know “Pom lakh Khun”…You guys figure out what’s that la. I only know that before I went Thailand… But coming back, I learned another one…. errr..ok…I can’t remember… Hehe…

At night, we went to eat shark fin…and crab…and the nasi goreng there really superb la…. We went West Side Saloon after another round of shopping…. It was that night that my sis learned to love the pineapples there… They gave them very nice asam powder to go with it… I don’t like it that much. We shopped like mad for our friends… but trust me oh kawan-kawan ku…nothing much to buy there lerrrrrr………. I am really sorry for not bringing back any gifts! In West Side, I managed to be in time to catch a Thai song… after that all English songs d. There was this guy who sang Desperado (One of my favorites songs by Engelbert) really nicely…. My sis and I left for the hotel accompanied by Uncle Benny at around eleven plus I think… Man... was late for Quiet Time…. Actually…not exactly cos I did it in the bus that morning… Btw… I did not mention about the bus ride… I got the worst seat ever… Right behind the conductor’s bed…which left me with very little space for my leg and the air-con at night was horribly cold…Although they did gave us the blanket , it did not exactly help…my sis gave me her jacket. Thank God for her…. By morning, I saw that all the surrounding air-cons were pointing at MY direction… What a surprise that I did not freeze to death.

The next morning, we ate dim sum again…. at the different shop. It was drizzling. The char siu pau very small ler…but nice… The waiter there had really big eyes you know… My mom then noticed the wall. I will call that the Wall of Memories lor cos everyone who came to that shop will signed on it. Hehe… However, we did not. I remember a message that says, “Came here with a lot of money, went home without any”…. Haha… Really… And we also noticed the picture where they caught a very big fish and somehow God led us to notice this mermaid on the rock figure on the shelf which was exactly where we wanted to go but don’t know how to tell the Tuk-tuk driver…Oh yea, our faithful Tuk-tuk driver was a guy named William… We’ll just call him Uncle William la… He very nice one cos’ he’ll wait in front of the hotel for us… Felt guilty after that cos we ended up taking a van there instead of the Tuk-tuk cause it was raining and my parents intended to go uphill to the temple which I really think the Tuk-tuk can’t possibly bring us. And so, we went to Songkhla in this big luxurious van… My dad was especially fond of this van. Hehe… Really fond of it….

I slept all the way to Songkhla after the first 20 minutes or something like that. That 20 minutes, I got a glimpse of the other part of Thailand… I saw their University and their community park and I see their king’s face everywhere… I thought he was that young until I found out that he was turning 70 this year by the end of my trip…. Betul-betul kena tipu… Haha… Anyway, our first stop was at this beach…I think it’s Somai Beach ler… I have a big possibility of being wrong ok… Neway, it was very windy… and cooling… I noticed that the rocks were all black… I really thought it was due to pollution but my mom told me it as like that…. My sis abit ahem… sot-sot…took pics of a dog there…Good photographer I would say… Neway, the main attraction there was the Mermaid on the rock statue… There was a legend behind it… Here goes:

“There was this fisherman who saw this beautiful mermaid coming her hair on the rock one night… Err… I guess it was a full moon… I can’t remember… sorry for the cacat-ed story telling… Well, anyway… this fisherman tried to get close and he frightened this mermaid away… And so for a long time he tried waiting for this mermaid to come back but she never did… And after like so long d… a sculptor decided to make this bronze (Pure bronze) statue to remember this legend… My mom told me that she took a picture with this statue when she was a teen… Hmm.. We girls decided to keep this going…we’ll have the girls in our family to come here in the future…. We then went to look in the shops nearby… Hehe…my dad really funny… He tried on a hat and asked my sis to take a pic of it… Then while we were looking at the stuff displayed in the 2nd shop, he came again with a different hat… and we took a pic of it….. and then another….. and it went on until he finally found his favorite hat… which, we later noticed that it had a tiny ribbon with pink lining on it… I mean, was that an implication that it’s meant for ladies? Well, I guess not, since it was almost unnoticeable. I bought a cap too… a red one… I love red! Talking bout a cartoon family….

Then dad and I walked somewhere else and a lady stopped us, persuading my dad to buy this really not very nice chain… Hehe… We saw this ice-cream man with his ice-cream cart nearby… Coconut ice-cream. Seemed like he’s famous for that ice-cream… We took a pic with him but I really don’t like his ice-cream… He mixed the nuts, rice, sea coconut and blablablah inside… Aiyo…How to eat…super sweet sammo…. Then all of us except dad who stayed behind to admire the van, went to take a look at another statue. This statue featured a cat and a mouse with a pearl in his hands… Ok.. legend says :

Oh wait… I really can’t remember… maybe internet can provide the answer… really sorry guys…. But it was about how cat and mouse became enemies… I guess it had something to do with the pearl. Okla.. I’ll try to briefly retell the whole thing la har… Ok, long long time ago… the dog, cat and mouse were together inside this ship… and all three of them wanted to escape… And there was this pearl believed to be able to do something la…I cannot remember laaa… but since the cat and dog were too big to sneak in and steal the pearl, they asked the rat to do it… The rat asked for his benefit and they told him that he could join them or something like that la… *I really cannot remember* So after he stole it, all three of them jumped off the ship and swam for shore… And the cat was thinking that he might as well get near to the rat and make sure he doesn’t run away with the pearl… So as the cat swam closer, the rat got scared… He thought the cat was after him… In the end they both drowned… (Ahem… I can’t remember what became of them)… As for the dog.. I remember this the most… He made it to the shore but out of tiredness, he died… Wah lao… He died ler after swimming so far… Really man… He turned into a mountain after that which I conveniently forgotten the name. Hehe. Legends… Can be ridiculous….

Me and my mom walked further down and decided to turned back and we saw the rest of them crowding near this pillar… Hmmm.. I’ll call that pillar the 5 Senses Pillar cause it has this 5 senses craved on it which are eyes, ears, mouth, nose and limbs…. So… 5 senses! Great sculptor they have in Thailand…

Back in the van, we went up this hill and there was this elephant god or something like that…visited many temples actually… well, part of the tour… Actually, the surrounding really nice especially near this big statue of Kuan Yin…. Great view you know…. Really nice… Took many pics la…. Actually suppose to go for the “Ah Kua” show…. Aiyerrr… Luckily didn’t…. And all the time in the car my dad asked this guide… I still remember his name… We call him Sang… his first name sounded like Chulalongkorn… Haha! My dad asked this guide the name of this particular seafood snail…. From HoiKeng become HoiWan… And he recommended us to HearKui…. I tell you… To remember this name got technique one… Luckily my sister learned Thai language… For lunch, we ate Thai food upon my sister’ suggestion… I was really thinking… Come to Thailand never eat thai food, a bit too incomplete right?

The seafood was great… but it came with great cost le… We sat Uncle William’s Tuk-tuk to HearKui and the HoiWan finished d… My dad decided to change venue and there also don’t have… *He really wanted to eat that*… Then Uncle William brought us to another and there also don’t have… Awww…. My sis and I went poor dad…. Haha… Then we decided to go back to HearKui… Upon finishing our food, we saw the baby elephant my sister spotted in the Tuk-tuk. My sis and I went there, they gave us three packets of sugar canes… I tell you, I am more afraid of the elephant more than the albino big snake in the Red Square! He so rough…. He grabbed the whole plastic bag from my sis and swallowed it.. I really prayed that he won’t die of it… He very funny la… He stole ppl’s vegetable one… The owner also quite bad la… pinched him to make him do some tricks… Anyway, a funny thing occurred… while my sis and dad stood on either side of him to take picture, the elephant turned to my father’ side and sneezed and my dad ran away… It was so hilarious! My dad had black spots on him after that and I did not manage to catch that on camera…awwww…. It was really funny ler… I can’t stop laughing. But ppl there told us that it’s a good luck thing… Well… a blessing from him since ppl there worship elephants some times…. Neway, the food there was superb… I ate raw oyster… And I felt like ewww…. The adults laughed at me… Sheesh… at my expression of course…

The night was filled with window shopping…hehe… Anyway, my mom really liked this tissue holder cum toothpick holder there ler… she tried to purchase it but don’t have… Anyway, earlier on, we girls (Four of us) sat at the walkway staircase and had a chat with this lady.. She’s really nice… She got 2 children… a 5 year old and a 10 year old… She’s rather pretty actually… And we saw this little boy who liked to dance to the music… So cute ler… He wouldn’t dance and merajuk when his dad wouldn’t join him.. Hehe… We went to West Side a while before heading back to the hotel cause we had to drop Aunty Nancy there with my dad and Uncle Benny… Awww…. Got a last glimpse at that cool electric guitarist… Back in the hotel, we entered the lift with this bellboy… Kakaka… He very funny la… My sis disturbed him say he handsome in Thai after he struck a conversation with us, he was so shy… aiya… cannot describe cos’ I din see it … My sis showed me… Hehe… He got a girlfriend we found out cos he came up to our floor to meet her… No wonder he so shy… My sis thought me some thai language about “Handsome”, “Really handsome”, and “very very handsome”… BUT… I forgot liao… Hahaha!

I did my Quiet time in the bath tub cos’ it would be terribly weird to do it in the presence of my family…. Anyway, my sis and I bought this really nice salt and pepper shaker… It’s 2 ghosts hugging…. Darn adorable….

Ok… Finally… the day we were supposed to go home… we went to the wet market… Hmmm… Really an eye opener ler… The fishes were still alive jumping splashing water like nobody’s business… I would say that it was really a spectacular sight… I mean the market because it was definitely very different from Malaysia’s. On the way back, we passed by this chemical shop… My dad stopped to look…. I know ( of course I know) that my dad loves his job when he worked in Zuelig, a chemical product company… I won’t elaborate on this… I think only I know about something that I can’t tell of about this which is really frustrating at times… Aaah… let’s drop this.

Well, I won’t talk about our journey home… But my sis had a terrible tummy ache! I was like praying so hard for her ler… But I felt like God did not hear until I realized something really important… Call me donkey or something la but I really feel that I got closer to my sis through this ler although at my sister’s painful expenses la… =) I am glad about this trip… I bonded with my family better… Really… Especially my sister lor… Hehe…. kla… What a long post… cabut first! And ppl… if I remained silent… bear in mind… I am not involved in any extreme makeover neither am I hao lian and neither am I under the custody of the ISD ß (Justin)… I am simply cut off from the access of internet….

No comments: