Friday, July 28, 2006

Orang Asli Missionary Trip... Nice...

Date : 24th July 2006
Time : 10.12PM
Listening to : Don’t Lie - BEP

Phew… OA trip was fantastic.. No kidding. Actually, my whole weekend was great. Shall blog about this…

Okay… So, on Friday, I went to the office a lil’ earlier to try to finish Mr. Chan’s house. The children’s room were done the day before. Then I saw GY’s msg, asking if I’m free for the day. Wanted to go get some OA food stuff. So I said, at around 4.30PM. mana tau, cannot finish by 4.30PM so I asked for 5.00PM. Thank God he said can but have to go Dr. Sean’s farewell programme straight after that. Mom left for an appointment and I was charged to finish the rest of the stuff. Tension arose since I it was around 4 plus liao and I haven’t even start on the Masterbedroom. Stress man… Sammo my cousin buat kacau sammo. Stress betul but he was of help also la. Called my mom, telling her I don’t think I can make it lor. She said just try my best. Tension was really high liao lor cos she said she made the appointment with Mr. Chan that night d. When GY called ar… waaa… My meter was like max liao. Called my mom to tell her I really cmi and she said it’s ok. Phew… I still feel a tad bit sorry. Ran back to my house and I saw GY’s car waiting liao. *Sweat* Juliana was driving cos’ GY had to send the van to be washed. Then GY drove us to Cowboy shich sent Juliana and I… “Goodness… Cowboy…” Really don’t like Cowboy. Super dusty. But we went in anyway. Juliana ter-take an auntie’s trolley. Haha. Sent us laughing man. Trolley thief. When we went to check out the price of the sardines and also baked beans, Gy said it’s more expensive than Tesco’s. So, we ended up going Tesco. Boleh pengsan. GY pushed the trolley and when we saw stuff we need, he asked to get it and he pushed the trolley along with him finding for other stuff. Ju and I went, “Aper ni… What’s trolley for” and we laughed. Caught up with him and bising-ed him abit. Darn funny. Lawak betul. Bought a huge bar of Cadbury choc… Well, just in case we need it on our hike up. Actually, we really looked forward for this OA trip. It was a sort of a way to make up for our Maxwell Hill hike… So, when we heard that the we won’t be hiking at first, we were really disappointed ler. I mean, really lor. I wanna hike~! But GY said, we need o hike one… have to cross a hanging bridge sammo… We became excited..

Dr. Sean’s farewell event was great. I was really very surprised to see Timothy Keong. I was like talking to Kevin when I went into the church, asking him about the games and then suddenly Shaun went, “Look who’s here?” and pointed to Tim who was just beside Kevin all those time. I still can’t figure out why I didn’t see him. Maybe his hair style or something la. I just did not realize. Sheesh… Ju and I kinda tortured him during dinner. Since he cabut-ed to Cyberjaya campus, we hilang one mangsa to torture liao and had to replace him with Adrian Mao. After our “main course”, Ju, Adrian, Shaun and I ended up at the food table there and eat right there and then. This Ju was telling me not to eat too much fruits or the next day will pang sai a lot. Haha. Gila…

Marcus did all the song leading for that night. he super lawak ler. Really. When he sang “Wind beneath my wings”, he did all those talking parts… Sheesh… Laughed until stomach ache. I really wondered how he did it with that serious face lor. At the end of that song, Stephen gave him a bunch of little flowers. Drama man… Haha… Shaun told me that he and Adrian chose me to do the “Wow” part in the song Come on and celebrate”. I told him that I won’t do it but I ended up doing it. And all those time Shaun was pestering Adrian to do it too…. Keji nyerrrrr… Asked me to do and they didn’t. Yen joined us after her exam. Too bad she missed Marcus’ performance. Had a meeting with the OA trip participants before we cabut home. What a night. Really gila. The talk outside the church was really sampat… The one with Juliana, Sherene, Sharonne and Stephen. About gayism. Boleh pengsan. Sent me dreaming yang bukan-bukan. Gila…

Went home and packed. Mom gave me some stuff that she needed me to do before I leave tomorrow. She asked me not to do until late night for Mr. Chan one. If cannot finish also never mind. She can postpone the appointment until she comes back from Penang on Tuesday. I had so much trouble finding my sleeping back. Sakit man my finger… Then did my Quiet Time and started on Mr. Chan’s master bedroom a little after 12AM. Did until 3 plus and sneaked into dad’s room. Dang~ He caught me putting the laptop down. -.-! Bising-ed about sleeping late. So happy to get to sleep finally at around four plus. Then at around 6 plus, my bro sneaked into my room, finding for small bag. Dragged myself up and find for him. Then went back to sleep. Woke up at 8.00++ nearly nine and prepared to go to the office. Thought that mom haven’t see the design before shooting off to Penang. But she called later and she said the purple design is not that bad. She also said I shouldn’t work until so late… Aiya… I just feel that it’s not that good if we postpone again. So, I started printing the views out. The printer was real slow man. When Uncle David reached with Ju liao the thing haven’t print finish also. Ran all the way back home and scrambled into the van. Went to fetch Sherene and Sharonne before going over to Bukit Beruang to meet up with GY and the MMU-ians. The MMU’ians climbed in asking for sleeping bags… Haha… And when I saw Kevin… Sheesh… wearing white,,,, Really berani man… Hehe… Beng Hui will drive up with Alicia later. Ju, Yen, Shaun and I followed GY’s car. The rest followed the van. Ah Hwei can’t join us. So, those who went were Sherene, Sharonne, Mun Yee, Juliana, Yen, Shaun, Geng Yi, CK, Stephen, Mark, Kevin and Uncle David. And me of course.

I can’t stop yawning man. I was so tired. Can’t sleep but I just can’t stop yawning. How irritating. I was really glad I followed GY’s car. Got pillow. Shaun took the front seat. We had many pit stops. The journey there alone was crazy enough. Just can’t stop talking. Kinda drive GY crazy man. Haha… There was this issue about Pang Sai thingy and they were like saying Ju will be the first to pang sai first and stuff like that and Ju said she won’t be. Man… what a topic… Can faint… Sammo the music in GY’s car was crazy man… Britney Spears 10 in 1 songs. The transitions not say smooth. Gila man the song. Droe us nuts…. Kakaka…Then suddenly everything became quiet and I fell asleep and so was Shaun. Then, I heard Yen and Ju said to Shaun, “why you wake up and smiled at us?” Then suddenly he farted. Liao mannnnn…. Can pengsan… then he say he stomach ache wor. Tension man. GY sped up like mad… I was like asking him a few times if he was okay cos’ he was leaning to the front holding the stomach there d. Then he kept on rubbing his nose; we thought he was crying in pain. Tension man… All three of us were quiet all the way. Was praying that he can tahan. Reaching the rest area that time, Shaun already put his hand at the door d. Stopped only, he already burst out of the car. Wow man this budak… Sheesh… So sleepy man while waiting. When he came back, he was all full of smiles. He didn’t cry it seems. This incident earned him the title, “PSK’ - Pang Sai King…. Haha… and the search went on for PSQ, the pang sai queen. Shaun they all keep on saying it would be Ju… ahaha…

The pang sai topic did not drop until we reached we left the Tapah rest house. I like this rest house. Got Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robins one… Hehe… Yen, Ju and I went to Dunkin Donuts. Finally get to eat the Choc Pudding man… Every time ask my mom to buy, the branch that she went won’t have Choc Pudding… While queuing up, Shaun, Stephen and Mark came in. So we bought five and we get one free. Shaun gets the free one. So nice~! Dunno why in the world DD closed down in MP and was replaced by Starbucks… Gila one… CK came in after that and bought a box of donuts. Then we walked over to the food court there. Uncle David Teo was there d. He was the one that will bring us to the OA village. Then CK said he wanna try to go pang sai. -.-~!! I dunno when the topic will stop ler… And yen also went to try. Really dot dot dot man… Talked to Mun Yee and Juliana… Actually, I went for this trip with one of the intentions to get to know Mun Yee better cos’ I really didn’t know her that well. I’m glad she came along. Then mark joined the table. Then Sherene and Sharonne. Then somebody tapped me from behind and I turned to my left. Nobody… Sheesh… Tak sangka kena fooled by that Kevin Kwa… He threw two packs of the Lot 100 mango candies on the table. So, we took and eat la. He was holding the badak sumbu cooling water of some sort la. By that time yen balik liao. Her attempts failed… haha… Then Ju said, “This kind of water still can drink one mer?”… Then they asked why not and she said.. “Nevermind la..dowan say”…. Then we pestered and then she said something about Auntie Tina mentioned before that the water actually from dunno what sumbu one… I went so blur because I forgot what’s badak sumbu… *Gila right? Like that also can forget* Then Kevin said, “Not as if it’s really from the sumbu or what right?”… something like that la… And the issue, to me… still hanging there… I still tak faham… haha… Then CK came back… His attempts were successful. haha… Syabas man CK…. And I started with the advertising of LOT 100 mango thingy. Sharonne taught me in Chinese… Exactly like in the movie one. Piggy she… laughed at the way I said it. I know la my Chinese a bit rotten… Asked Stephen to say it cos his Chinese pronunciations were somewhat rotten. Muahaha…. Stomach ache man with all those laughing… LOT 100 kuo chi luan tang….. And also the A Taste with Jason in AEC one also… Sheesh…

The rest of the journey there was equally nutz… Ju and I started singing Lee Hom’s song, “Kiss Goodbye”… Haha… And GY and Shaun fumbled to try to on the radio to drown our voice. Kakaka… Mana tau the reading of the CD has errors… They had to endure another few minutes of horrible singing… He on dunno what kinda songs… Like river dance one… Lagi teruk. We sang along making noises… Ju, Yen and i… Laughed until stomach aches man… Seriously tortured GY and Shaun to the max…. Then got the soundtrack from the show “Perhaps Love” and I think to their surprise we knew the lyrics. Betul-betul lawak man… On the way to the kampung, we saw a sign board that says, “Hutan Rekreasi Kampung Woh”… Three of us went, “Hutan Rekreasi Kampung…..” Stopped a while and then, “Woooooooooh~”…. Haha… Gila… Sent all of us laughing. I really dunno why we did it but it was the immediate reaction we had. Just when I thought “Pang Sai” would be the word of the day, “Woh” took over. When pulled into a kampong area, GY announced that we reached d… I was soooooooooo disappointed. I thought they won’t be any hiking… Sammo, in the car, Ju and I said we will be strong and GY + Shaun laughed at us. We said we will save them. Look us no up~!!! Ish~! But then, GY said he was just kidding about reaching. Uncle David Teo showed us the church in making… Spacious. Then we had some durians. Saw the lil’ pups. So adorable.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then, those who was in GY’s car hopped into Uncle David Teo (Let’s call him Uncle David II and MGC’s Uncle David I). GY drove the other van. Then we started our journey to the kampong we were supposed to go to. Yohannes, a 25 year old guy followed us. Btw… Yohannes means Peter in Malay I think… can’t remember…We had a good chat with Uncle David II. Since we kept on using the word Woh since we saw the sign board, we decided to ask for the meaning. So we were told that Woh means water in OA language… And our immediate reaction was.. “Woh…” We just can’t help it ler… Our responses were only right if we say woh… And we got to know that only 3 families in the village are Christians. The rest are Muslims…… Man… Throughout the journey there, Uncle David II showed us the Malay OA kampungs… It seems like most of them are Muslims lor… Then, he parked in front of a Presbyterian church. Got our stuff out. The boys were to carry the food stuff. I helped Kevin with his Bible cos’ he had to carry the pack of rice. Was so excited. Hehe… Was really prepared for a one hour hike. When we started the journey, the trail was easy. Then we reached the bridge. It was across the river, made of bamboos. Seemed easy. And I said aloud, “Kevin! If I can’t make it across I’ll have to throw your Bible!”, thinking that he was ahead of me. And then GY said, “He’s behind you la!” Hahaha… And Kevin said, “And I will throw you!”… Nyahnyahnyah…. Yen asked me to cross with her and Ju cross with Shaun..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At first I wasn’t scared… Really… But half way through, I started to tremble abit liao. I was like muttering under my breath, “God… I can’t do this… Sheesh… So scared… CMI la~!” But I made it across. Horrible Mark was like, “Ar ar… Fall…” -.-~! But I made it… Hee Hee… Hopeless me. Then we continued our journey. We were told that we had to cross a stream. I thought the big one… Aih… It was just a small one… After the stream, we hiked for like 2 minutes and I heard someone said, “Reach liao…” I was like, “What?! Don’t bluff ar”… It was like less than 15 minutes ler since we started our journey on foot. I thought they were kidding but we really reach liao. So disappointed actually. Expected some horrible climbing. Aih~! No chance to save Shaun or Geng Yi… Hehehe… But I guessed God knows better cos when we going home that time, I was really glad it was only a 15 minutes walk. So, I am not complaining about it liao.


The kampong got only 3 houses and lotsa kids running. The dogs there were so thin. We were told that the house we staying in (Which was the biggest) is the real OA house. I climbed in and it was really cooling. Got all those stuff out. Then Shaun and I started talking with one of the kids. We asked for his name and he was so shy… Asked a couple of time before he actually told us his name… “Ramesh”… So shy la that kid. Then he hid behind the door with a few other kids. Then Shaun made them laugh. Then start la his SS-ness… Said that he’s the one to make them laugh. Cheh… We were successful also wat… Then both of us dunno what angin started playing kejar-kejar with them. Then Yen and Ju joined in. No need kejar one. Just start doing some sort of a dinosaur’s sound and move one step the kids will start scattering liao. They run very keng one lor… zig-zag one… I no stamina man. I climbed back into the house and fell flat on my back. So tired… I gave up man. I left them to Shaun to handle. But not long after that, he scrambled into the house and fell flat beside me. Hahaha… Penat sial… Then, I helped with the petai peeling. Sherene scared me man when she said that I mixed in the wrong petai… Sheesh… False alarm… Then Ju sat beside me and I shifted my attention to the boiling of the veggies. When I introduced myself as “Wong”, Juliana stifled in a laugh… Aper ni…. Very funny mer? We then talked to a 19 year girl and Yohannes. CK was there talking with Yohannes. Unlike the OA that we went in GLO… This village was really different. No electricity one. I was quite glad also. Cos’ the one in GLO was way too modern. Got 36” TV and CD player… Then, Shaun and I went over to the corner of the house and I started counting aloud, trying to fool the kids… Haha… Shaun reached his hand into the hole and they grabbed him, dowanna let go. haha. Heard GY saying outside, “Tarik dia!” Haha… I was like trying to pull him in again. When we finally got him free, we ran back to the main hall and said, “No more man~!” Then I helped with the luncheon meat. Supposed to chop them. I purposely find a brighter spot but Shaun buat hal ar. He accidentally stepped on Stephen and Stephen pretended to be mad and Shaun was like sorry all the way man until Stephen finally smiled. Because of that, Stephen who was lying down, sat upright and blocked my lights and Shaun was in the way too. And the worst thing was Stephen started calling me Wong instead of Chenli… Aper niiii… Very funny mer call myself wong… First Ju then Stephen. Then I chopped the meat la. The plate was very shallow so one chunk fell out and he said, “Waste 30cents…” Dot dot dot… And someone asked him, “You know how much one chunk cost mer?” Hahaha… Yeala… who knows right. But Shaun they all really blockers lor….. Blocked my lights. I went over to the windows to continue my work. I talked to Mun Yee and seemed like she enjoyed this trip lor. So glad she tagged along cos’ I really want to get to know her.

Then we decided to take a dip in the river. Girls took the lower part of the river while the boys took the one further up. The trail down was quite steep. I was like, “Ju… hold me.. ju….” Hahaha… The water was cold man. So nice. My stupid lip balm kept on floating out of my pockets. How irritating. It was really slippery lor. Mun Yee was like papery white man. I think too cold. And gosh… thank God for my blindness without the specs. haha. The little boys started coming in naked. Ju was like, “eee…” And yen lagi funny… “Sini perempuan punya”… Muahaha… And aper la she… So lawak. So semangat one. Only six girls only cos’ Beng Hui and Alicia weren’t there yet. Super nice…. On the way up, I slipped and fell. Crazy man the rocks. So slippery. Sakit man…. My towel was all wet. Changing was another big issue… Stress… And we really wished we were guys at that moment. In fact, Mun Yee was saying that she wished she’s a guy for like forever. Haha…

Before dinner, I had a chat with the kids. Shaun was known as Saun, GY as Robot but they ended up calling him cartoon, Stephen as Cena, Kevin as King Kong, and Mark as The Rock… What a name ler. I can’t remember Ck’s. Dinner was delicious. Loves the bamboo shoots with sardines. Nice…. Had to eat with the aid of candle lights. Ate with Sherene. I brought my toy car torchlight that I got from our church’s Sports Day. Darn bright. Had a chat with Sherene. Then, Mark called some of us to help him with a sketch. Super last minute man. Really salute Mark. Last minute also can think. It’s a sketch about a box representing God’s love and sharing them. (Check yen’s blog for the storyline) After he told us about our roles, I joined Ju and Mun Yee in their conversation. Then I decided to join Sharonne and kids. Aiyo… So adorable la those kids. So playful. I really miss them. Can’t wait to see them again. They like the torchlight. There was this baby boy. So big la his eyes. So quiet one. He was like taking the car torchlight and use my lap as the racing track. So adorable. And this curly hair boy kept on poking me and turned away smiling. The boy behind him too… His name was Bobur. And pretended like I wanted to bite them and tickled them. You know, being there alone made me happy liao. I was thinking before I tagged along to OA what was the reason I come. I can’t figure out. Although I really dowan to come because my friends get to go but I ended up going because of that I think. I don’t even know what was my reason being there. Haih… But those kids made me really happy la. Really. By then BH and Alicia reached d. I talked to Mun Yee also. She said she will soon accept Christ. Really thank God for that. I can’t remember what time the gathering started. Ju was the first to give her testimony among us three. Then Yen then me. I hate giving testimonies. I really don’t like cos’ I sure cry one. Super crazy man…


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sherene song led. That little boy really gave me tension man. He seemed so interested with the candles. So scared sial he go touch the fire. Then the curly hair boy started with the poking again. I whistled once and he followed. So whistled twice and he followed then I did it thrice and he started laughing liao. Haha… Then the sketch. Really like the music that CK played on the guitar. Haha. The sketch was really nice la. With the music sammo. Really suited the sketch well. Asked the kids if they enjoyed it and they said yes.


Then Mark started discussing with CK about the Sunday School songs. And I ran off somewhere to do m Quiet Time. Since my Bible was too heavy to be taken along, I took only my New Testament. I just simply flipped and it opened to Romans 9. Dunno where to read since I was doing on Jeremiah so I just read whatever that I flipped on. I can’t get it right. I just don’t understand the context. It’s mainly about God’s mercy and His choice of people to be saved and stuff like that la. I really don’t understand lor. I was confused. So I went outside to find for Geng Yi la. He was with CK, Mun Yee and Sherene; playing with the kids. So I asked him and Ck came to help also. And the conversation about some stuff regarding Christianity arose. CK started off by explaining to me those verses and some ppl’s opinion about human’s free will and things like that. At that point, I just couldn’t get it. I have so much questions and I had so much burden weighing down in my hearts that I was literally at the lowest part of my spiritual life. I started spilling out my spiritual condition cos’ I just feel like I am way too sinful. I kept on thinking that whatever that I do I have bad intention behind it. It was so bad that I was literally in the self-condemnation phase in my life ler. And I am always thinking if I had been a good testimony at home cos’ if I did then why does it seems like my family can’t see it and it seemed that I was nowhere near bringing them to know Christ. GY shared with me that things aren’t like that. I just need to trust in God and obey Him. I was really glad for these 4 ppl that was there for me that night. They prayed for me. Really wanna thank God for them and thank them too ar. It was really meaningful to me la. We each had something to share that night. And I think it did us good. Then CK, Sherene and I went up to the house while GY had a chat with Mun Yee. Shaun asked what we were doing outside and bising-ed me about not ajak-ing him to pray also. Aper ni Shaun… It was so sudden. How would I know.

We got ready for bed and Mark was like, “Chenli… give me your blanket la…” Haha… I went, “Noooo….My blankie very small and thin one… Doesn’t help one…” And he was like, “It’s better than nothing right?” Hahaha… I gave him anyway. poor mark. No sleeping bag at all. Kesian… But he brought his pillow. Hehe. While preparing to sleep, Ju and Yen asked me what was happening outside, so I told them I just had a prayer thingy with them la. and I said I have some problems of my own la. They asked why I didn’t share with them. I also dunno how to answer. So, I told them that I have some self-condemnation problem ar. And Ju whispered that my this issue really was bad enough d lor. I totally agree. I just wanna get out of this phase. I slept between Mun Yee and Ju and Yen was just behind us. It was warm at first and then it got really cold. The floor was made of bamboos so it wasn’t really a bed that we get used to in one nights. Woke up a couple of times and so did MY and Ju. I heard someone snored. hehe… Prayed a couple of times for God to give us a good night rest. GY prayed for the same thing. What a night man… Even in the middle of waking up and sleeping again, I still can dream lor. So real sammo that dream… What’s with the mattress and blanket and stuff…. Gila man… And what a real dream sammo.

It was that darn crow that made me wake up once and for all. It kept on crowing until I finally sprang up and said, “ I will slaughter that chicken~!”… GY told me later on that he woke up upon hearing that. Sorry man GY!! Ju laughed and she said, “Now you know how Nat feels in BGGH”…. Man… Nat… I understand… I really do… And I sat down there, so sleepy, talking to Ju before four of us got up to brush our teeth. I zipped up my sleeping bag and threw it on Mark, covering him cos he was the only one without sleeping bag. Cold sial. I know how it feels to be in cold. Horrible.

The water was freezing cold man… This yen spat the colgate at the wrong place… Haha… Mun Yee mentioned to us yesterday that after those trouble of bringing colgate and toothbrush, we mush brush our teeth cos at night we can’t see so we can’t brush our teeth. haha… This girl very lawak ler. Sherene and Sharonne just finished washing up when we reached. Alicia was still washing up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This GY very funny one ler although I totally agree with him. He said when he was still sleeping, all he could hear was CK walking to and fro. He opened his eyes, he saw CK walking pass. Then again he opened his eyes and there goes CK again. Haha. I heard him too… And Shaun and also their conversation about taking a dip in the river. Gila… So cold ler.


Breakfast was Milo and biscuits. CK made the Milo… One jug of them. When Kevin tasted one of them, he asked what was it. Haha… Milo la… Then we said CK made it and CK said he only made the one in blue jug. Since Kevin poured from another jug, we told him it wasn’t CK. He said, “Earlier dowan tell…” Uncle David I seemed really tired lor. He’s the only adult there. Then had a discussion with Mark about story telling. Don’t think I can do it for story telling. Borrowed a Malay Bible from CK and read up on Jonah… yeah… everytime about Jonah. Then I chickened out and asked Mark to do the story-telling but he dowan so I asked Sharonne and she agreed but Mark ended up doing it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ju seemed really tired cos the night before she can’t sleep. Kevin was asleep too. Worship was later than usual. So Stephen played the guitar and sang a silly song. The one on Juliana was really funny. Can’t remember the lyrics. Something about hairy like a gorilla and stinks like a zebra. Chose her because her name rhymes with the words. Poor thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Worship was nice. Sang Malay hymns. Before the message, Mark, Sharonne, Stephen and Kevin followed the kids out for the Sunday School. Kevin and I in charged of the games. It was a game of balloons.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

During their singspiration, Kevin and I did the game preparation. He blew the balloons and I hid them. Passed some to the little kids that weren’t involved. Hate it when the balloons popped. And it really made me wonder, how easy for a guy to just scoop up a lil boy in their arms ler while I have to usually “ugh” and “argh” sometimes. After hiding and blowing the balloons, we joined the SS. CK played the guitar, Mark was telling a story with the help of “pesawah” Bobur. Haha… It was about the four soils one. They improvised on the song “I love you Jesus” to “Pesawah tabur benih… Benih ditabur” Haha… I heard from Shaun it was really an impromptu thing. Keng la they all. Kevin was the first benih. Caught him by surprise. The kids had fun watching and I am very sure Bobur enjoyed her role as the pesawah. Kevin was the seed that fell on the stone. And Shaun and I acted as the birds that ate him up. Then Stephen became the 2nd benih. He was the one in the thorns. Shaun and I had to poke him with sticks. Coming to the next seeds, Shaun and I were pushing each other liao. Suppose to have 4 seeds ma. But Mark forgot the one on the road one. So when he said, “ Benih terakhir…” I was so relieved because I know Mark sure choose Shaun one. Shaun’s suppose to be the one on good soil. Haha… A dancing seed. So funny. Those kids love him la. Can see. Hehe…. Sharonne took a video of those “Benih”… The games went well… Glad that they enjoyed it. One thing about the OA kids is that they’re really tough. See the way they climbed trees and stuff like that really sent me going “wow” liao… And yes… “Wow” was still the word of the day. We distributed the chocolate sticks to the children after the game.


Then we went back to the main house. Uncle David II had a praying session for the sick. It was new experience to watch him pray. With such authority. Then we had our lunch. This time, I ate with GY and Sharonne. And there was durian. Uncle David II said that Malacca boys must know how to eat Durian with rice. Didn’t know that. He taught Stephen how to open Durian. Then we had a group picture. Then off we go again for a last dip in the river. What fun we had. Sherene, Alicia, Mun Yee and Sharonne didn’t stay in the water long. I decided that I want some cleaner water and I climbed over to the rocky side and duduk bersantai there near the flowing water. Its always cleaner that still water. Ju and Yen laughed, asking what as I doing… malas ar… And we found another good spot. The current was rather strong. Like massage chair like that. Yen’s hand is still in pain because of the currents. We were about to get back when two lil OA girls slid down from a rock. Yen went, “Wow! I want to do that” and he clambered up the rocks and finally sat on the big one and slides down. Man… I was so tempted and I gave in. I climbed up too but told that two girls not to push me… haha… What a fun slide. Then Ju tried. He fell down twice. Kelian… She still got bruises. I really have a short tem memory lost. the last time I tried to slide down, I got scared. After doing it for a couple of times, I became scared out of a sudden. Yen asked from below what was happening and I said, “I can’t remember the feeling of sliding down… I scared!” Hahaha… I tell you… Yen said my short term memory lost was worse than hers. So gila man that moment. But I took a deep breath and I took the plunge. Man… So fun! So refreshing! I am so glad we’ll be coming back in November to witness their baptism. Can’t wait. While waiting for the male species to come back, I dozed off on the floor. So tired ler.

Was so sad to leave after that. We took a few pics with the kids. So heavy hearted. Thanked the people there for their hospitality. They were really nice. The penghulu was an elderly man and he was a really good man. Before going off, Shaun asked a boy, “Aku hansem tak?” for the final time after asking it for so many times and that boy in blue said, “Hansem!” with so much semangat. haha.. Then he asked the curly hair boy the same question, his reaction sent Ju and I laughing. He laughed in such a mocking way man… So lawak….

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crossing the bridge this time wasn’t like the first. A total fearless walk. So proud. haha… Too bad we didn’t have the chance to save GY and Shaun, eh? Haha…. *GY, Shaun…. we will prove to you guys man…. Don’t look us no up!* Shaun was demoted to the back seat on the way back to the 1st kampong cos there was another uncle that tagged along to buy petai. RM30 for 100 tangkai. Had a conver on buaya darat and the real buaya. And also about this estate manager who tends to shoot his wife with a shotgun when he got drunk. He converted to Christianity 4 years before he died and he stopped getting drunk. What a funny story. And no… his wife did not die whenever he starts shooting. She just starts running.

The journey back was a rather quiet one. We fell asleep. I woke up a couple of time thinking if GY will feel boring but I saw him singing along with the songs so I continued sleeping. We woke up when he pulled into Sungai Buloh rest house. When we passed a toll, we stopped to wait for Uncle David. Then we noticed that we were at Bukit raja toll.. Man… took a wrong detour. There was a diverged road. One leads to Klang and Shah Alam. Another to Klang and Bukit Raja.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uncle David went to right road so they had to continue without us. I suggested that we take the Shah Alam and Klang road. They asked why so I started crapping saying that we should take Shah Alam and Klang road cos there’s always CK from Klang and Kevin from Shah Alam to help us if we get lost ma. Haha… But the rest said we should take the Bukit raja and klang one. Aper ni~!!! Don’t trust me. GY called CK to ask for direction and yeh~! I was right….


We reached Malacca at around six plus I think. Stopped at Shaun’s place and went in for a drink. Ah Hwei just woke up from sleep. Enter the house only, ken started attacking Ju and I… Adoih… Kesiannye kitorang… Then, GY drove us to the Peranakan House next to Newton food court to eat laksa… man… So satisfied. Asked for no tauge and extra “see hum” (Kerang)… The owner was a very friendly guy. He started chatting with us until we finally cabut-ed. Had a chat about stuff in the car. Told them I wanna buy a Malay Bible. And to my surprise, GY said he too planned to do that. And I was saying stuff about secondary school… Sorry Yen… if you reads this la… just wanna say sorry if I made you think that you were mean last time. I didn’t mean it that way. Just to reassure you that I just didn’t know you that well… Sorry yea… I was just being a tad bit nutz that night. Went home, bathed… Started praying and I knew I am out of my self-condemnation phase. So glad.

Overally… I am honestly glad to be able to make it for this trip. It gave the desire to want to learn the Bible in Malay… I want to learn to serve not only those in common language as mine but in another language. Uncle David II said if we have the heart then we will have the strength. Miss those kids man…. Really….

-Chenli-
[Ends : 4.25AM]

No comments: