Wednesday, January 02, 2008

So..it's welcome 2008?

Date : 2nd January 2008
Time : 1.35am
Listening to : Nothing interesting
Where : Malacca - Living Hall

So, it's 2008. Didn't feel that much a difference. I spent my last few moments of 2007 with Ding, Shan and Chuan. It's not how I thought it would be. I planned to usher in the new year with Ju and Yen but I guess it just didn't work out.But no sweat... Anyway, New Year eve was quite fun hanging out with them. Actually, my cousin and I went for a movie with Shan and Chuan at around 4.30pm. We watched National Treasure 2. It was good. Then we had dinner in Tengkera. Chuan totally cracked us up with his 'sediiiih' past. Then Shan drove my cousin home. Then picked Ding up. Headed towards Jonker. Went Calanthe and had quite a time there. I went in to the art and crafts section and chatted with the auntie there. The regular auntie not there. I was supposed to get a necklace fixed. Actually I don't need to bother. But I might as well get it done. But lately...I just couldn't be bothered. The day I came back from KL, the necklace was left unattended on the desk. And everytime I brought it out to be fixed, it will be Monday. Calanthe is closed. And everytime it's open, I left it at home. I guess it really doesn't matter anymore. But I really should get it fixed.

Anyway, I am way off track now. I met Melinda there. After that the 4 of us headed back towards the car. Couldn't find the fried ice cream there. I am a tad bit disappointed. Anyhow, summary of the night in jonker would be :-
a) had quite a laugh near the stage
b) had quite a laugh at Calanthe
c) had quite a laugh along the way

So...yeah..it's all about laughing. Then at around 11.30pm, we headed to Rivera Bay Hotel and we got there to the beach just in time to usher in the new year and fireworks. Spent the rest of the night there at the beach. The hotel management threw a party there. It would be good if they carried on with the rock and roll music. But they just had to ruin the whole thing with techno and the DJs interrupting every few seconds. And Shan's attempts to push me in the water were quite unsuccessful. But Ding and I got quite a few X-Tiaks and performances from Chuan. -.-! Happie New Year everyone.

I was supposed to search for my old written works just now. And as usual, I made a detour from my original plan. I started reading my journal again. Man, I was really quite a dramatic person. You will not believe how many times I fell flat on my mom's bed laughing my heart out. I mean, come on! I have quite an interesting boring life. As ironic as it may sound, it is! But now I must say it is quite adorned with a lot of things now. And as hard as it is for that Zafri to believe, I am really quite toned down in KL compared to Malacca. So... it's quite safe to say I haven't really settle down in KL yet. Sad to say... I mean, really... sad to say.

On the brighter side... by the way, everything is on the brighter note... I think, 2008 is going to be a great year. For a start, we found a new mamak place that serves good burger. Truly I hope things will be great for everyone. And yeah, I stumbled upon my very first spiritual diary. How far have I strayed. You know, I read 1 John 5:3-5...

3This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
It's just hard to explain what these verses did to me but as little as I may know about life and things that revolve around it, I know God is good. Yes, God is good.

Oh, good news. I'm a grand-aunt now. My sister's chinchilla just gave birth to a baby a couple of weeks ago. This is Pip!

Adorable right? I miss his mom too. Ok...I admit I don't know Pip's gender. But anyway, I miss Pebble (his mom) and I haven't met his dad actually. But one day I will. Oh...speaking of animals... I can't post Jackie's picture up yet. Cos I couldn't get the snapshots transferred. Don't ask. Ok... Just some random snapshots here.

This is the ketiak fights that we had.

This ding and I. Nice and proper. Oh, btw..this wasn't new year eve.

This is our little chirstmas tree still not fully drowned with the presents yet.

And this is the edited one...

Siblings!

Family!

Ok..Gender switch.

Now... I am really tired of waiting for the photos to load...So, I will just stop here. Btw...Don't watch Date Movie. I am serious.

On a really sad note... I have to leave Malacca on Saturday morning. A change of plan due to my bro locking both padlocks and Zheng having no key for one of them. Kinda sad cos it changed my plan to stay for the weekend. Since Adrian is planning a game for all of us. Sigh... I guess... This couldn't count for a bad start eh? Cos I got to know it on 31st December 2007. That's...a bad end... Thank God!

-chen-
[3.02am]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey chen li, happy new year.i noe im very late..hehee...ur youngest brother so cute la...is he available?? :>