Sunday, March 23, 2008

Remembering Easter and Auntie Kim Neo

Date : 23 March 2008
Time : 11.07PM
Listening to : Ju Hua Tai(piano) - Jay Chao
Where : MC - Room

It's Easter. Today we celebrate Jesus' resurrection. As often as I always try to remind myself how much Jesus sacrificed for us humans... I always forget to remind myself that the most important thing in our Christian faith is Jesus' resurrection.

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
1 Cor 15:12-14

Today, I went to church, expected things to be as usual. I got news from Ju yesterday evening that Auntie Kim Neo has already passed away. I was shocked and stunned for a sec. But honestly, yesterday, I was so busy with programming that I let it slide after a while. Then I forgot about it. Then I came back home and then Sathom sms-ed me. Then I remembered Auntie Kim Neo again when he asked how was I doing. Yet, I was too tired. I fell asleep.

Then in church, when I told Rebecca about it, then it hit me. I won't see her again. Then I found it so hard to contain my tears. During worship, I felt so overwhelmed... It's true that I wasn't exactly close to her. But I've had spent some time with her while we were in church last time. I don't exactly know how to handle death well. I guess it helps that I don't see her often. I won't miss her. But today, around 2000 years ago, Jesus rose from death. And so will Auntie Kim Neo.
It was written in the Bible... those who's passed on has fallen asleep, that's all. And I was comforted, remembering the Lord who conquered death.

On Friday, Jesus was flogged and crucified. Many lose hope. His disciples were watching from a distance. But it was only Friday. Sunday was coming. He conquered death. He gave hope. He cleansed us from our sins. As shared by Uncle Kam Loong, although there may be many "Fridays" in our lives, there's always "Sunday" that is coming. Don't lose hope.

Today, i was tempted to go home early. But decided to stay on for children's ministry. I am glad I did. The children were so adorable. And their faith and enthusiasm for Jesus are to be applauded. No wonder Jesus said:

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.
Matthew 10:15
Anyway... I think in a way, I will rejoice for I now Auntie Kim Neo will no longer suffer with cancer anymore. But she will be dearly missed by all. She was, after all, a lovely person.


In the next entry, I will blog about class. For now... I just want to appreciate how good God has been to me. And to remember Auntie Kim Neo.

-chen-
[11.35PM]

No comments: